What makes Calero special?
- Small learning environment – 300 students
- Focus on preparing students for college and careers
- Online courses providing both enrichment and credit recovery
- Staff mentor for all 3 years
- Tutorial/Enrichment activities every day from 3:45 – 5 pm
- Each student will have access to a computing device
- Access to a summer program
- Tailored to the struggling student who did not find success in the traditional high school environment
What constitutes an eligible student? Any current 9th, 10th or 11th grader who is down credits who has not been expelled or arrested for a violent or drug related offense.
If I apply, am I guaranteed admission? We expect to receive more applications than available spots, therefore all applicants will be placed in an applicant pool and admissions will be granted based on a lottery.
How much does it cost to attend? There are no additional costs to attend Calero High School.
Will transportation be provided? Students are expected to find their own transportation to school. Calero is conveniently located close to both light rail and city bus transit.
Can I attend Calero for a year and transfer back to my home school? We expect all enrolled students to complete their high school education at Calero.
Will there be after school sports teams at Calero or can I participate at my home school for sports? Beginning with the 2015-16 school year, students attending Calero can participate on sports teams at their home school.